
The scenario we went with this time was The Keep, which places the treasures in the middle of teleportation circles - finish your move in the circles and you get sent to one of the other ones at random! It made for a nail-biting mechanic that dumped people's Wizards and warriors into the middle of other people's set-up's. It. Was. Crazy. Some of the turns made for serious bloodbaths. The only solution I could think of was to have my Wizard down a Potion of Invulnerability and take the trip (the Wizard got some bonus XP if they experienced the teleportation). The Potion gives you a one-turn invulnerability that I used to pop behind Ger's lines and then RUN LIKE CRAZY.

That's my tall Necromantic drink of water beside Ger's hand - Ger studiously ignored me while I was unkillable and I'm sure he knew I was getting the hell out asap too ( my reputation for "caution" is something the guys are used to now ). His guys were filing past to go grab a rich pot of non-teleporting location treasures in the middle of the board.

I made some little rimmed 2" circles to stand in for the teleporters. Eoghan tends to be ballsier and more risk-taking than myself or Ger, so his guys were hopping in and out of teleporters far more than us.

And in...

And out... all my photos seem to include one of Eoghan's guys in the teleporters. He also ends up the 66% casualty ratings each session though - it could be one of those things we should keep numbers on.

I forgot to take many pics this time around, we were playing late at night and some of us had work in the morning, so it was more important to keep stuff moving than record anything. Ger made out the best, working his way out of the corner (above) and keeping it tight and violent. He got 2 treasures from the teleporting circles and 2 from the non-teleporting stash. Eoghan and myself both got 2 teleport circles and Eoghan got the last non-teleporting one. Casualties seemed very high this game, although it was probably partly because there was a lot of Spellcaster casualties this time ( my Sellsword took out Eoghan's Wizard and Ger's Apprentice).
So a short report this time, but a good sign of being back in the swing! We're going to be getting another one under our belts within the next few days. I have a few more photos (not many) from this one, I'll edit this up if I can think of any other pointers or anything relevant that happened, but if you want an edge of your seat game of Frostgrave, I highly recommend The Keep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep an eye out for further updates and Art & miniatures on my Instagram profile.
You can find Eoghan and Gerard at various points on the Internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment