Here's the set up. I'm entering from the left here, Eoghan from the top and Ger from the right. Our oblong playing surface is probably a little unfair to Eoghan, we probably should have moved the fountain closer to his side. That may have told in the end, as Eoghan was the one who acquired the lowest XP reward. Hopefully it wasn't from that minor unfairness. :)

Once again I forgot to take enough photos. Here are my guys on the way out. I discovered the joys of the spell Fog, which I took to fill an empty slot in my spell line up, but which is actually super useful. We're finding that the missile game in Frostgrave is everything, so anything that blocks LOS on those pesky archers is key. I meant to make some kind of woolly counter to mark its deployment, but I forgot. The line of green tokens is where the Fog is covering my retreat. You get XP for every successful spell you cast and Fog has a very low Target Number, so it's a good fallback to acquire easy XP.

Eoghan established a base of fire down this street with his Wizard and about a million archers, so that Fog saved me a million incoming arrows. The guy in the foreground is my Thief, he knocked back a Potion of Invisibilty so he could wander about mostly freely. It's been my approach in the last two games, but the opportunity to capitalise on his invisibility hasn't come up. The chance to pounce never came to be. I love all characters that have a high Move score, so Thieves, Barbarians and Rangers are the business, but the Thief being a loose cannon wandering isn't a useful tactic.

Eoghan is also fond of Warhounds, he bought a pack of 4 that hovered around on my left. My Captain (Sellsword) and Barbarian went off to take care of them, with quite a bit of success. However, just in the last round of pitched melee, the last wounded Warhound managed to push my Captain back an inch - out of combat and straight into the LOS of that Wizard/One Million Archers base of fire he had established. Needless to say, he was KO'ed instantly.

Ger found a little fortified corner to hold out in and summoned imps and cast spells/archery out of. His Wizard tactically Teleported out to the Fountain early and grabbed the best XP reward out of the Fountain, then ran back to the rest of them and re-secured the position.

All in all a great game of Frostgrave. It was a normal treasure chest set-up and we worked an even split, so three treasures each. The Fountain being a descending reward drove us to fight it out a bit, but it was still quite gentlemanly. Eoghan and Ger had a slight fracas as Eoghan tried to take one of Ger's chests off him and myself and Eoghan had the "Dog-"fight where our deployments rubbed off each other, but it was nowhere near the bloodbath of our last game. I should maybe publish a roster of where my warband has ended up. I've achieved a satisfying level 13 after 3 games, which I think? is pretty boss, although we have no Frostgrave peers about to compare with. As the cash builds up in the vault, I am thinking about dumping some money down on Magic Weaponry. It might be super expensive in the game, but it gives a great edge. We'll be back next week with more, we're thinking about "The Silent Tower". In an ideal world you roll on the chart of scenarios, but we like to pick the ones that suit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep an eye out for further updates and Art & miniatures on my Instagram profile!
No comments:
Post a Comment