Myself, Eoghan & Gerard knocked together 3 warbands and took to the frozen streets (aka my dining table) and duked it out for some treaure and etc. I meant to take more snaps to put together a bit of an AAR, but seeing as my terrain and all the miniatures are still somewhat a work in progress, it's probably for the best that I just took a few. Our warbands all included a Captain from the Sellsword ebook, giving you a little levelling-up fighter, but otherwise everything was base set.
Our table sides were myself on the left, Eoghan at the head and Gerard on the right. Ger brought a cool black plastic castle that I used to block up the foot of the table. Oh, and my table is only 2'8" wide, so it's a bit thin for offical 3' Frostgrave, so we played on 2'8" wide x 4' instead of 3' x 3'.

My Necromancer played a conservative game and still pulled out 4 of the 9 treasures. This is just before my retreat off the board.

Eoghan's Elementalist's warband seemed more like a swarm - or at least it seemed diffuse to me. And he had his guys climb on everything. It netted him 3 of the 9 rewards.

Ger's Summoner had a tougher time, seeing as he was the only one to get a random encounter ( A Bear!), who slammed his archer flat. His Wizard buffed his Captain into some kind of demon-possessed monster though, so he was trouble for the rest of us. He was snaking around the corner towards me with a pile of imps and so forth when I pulled out.

We'll save these rosters for more battles amongst ourselves (handy for me as the victor - by a hair!). I have a plan to make a more structured Frostgrave campaign, which is why I was in the process of making this scenery. You'll be seeing more Frostgrave on the blog, that's for sure.
I'll update with some more gaming stuff later (and generally tidy up the blog), but for now, keep an eye on my Instagram profile.
No comments:
Post a Comment